9/18/2007

Costa Rican Independence Day was September 15th, it was an amazing experience to be able to celebrate such a special day here. September 14th was full of Fiesta's and Ceremonies. We had a little parade at the school. It was a lot of fun. We carried little lanterns with candles on the inside and walked around. The children dressed up in traditional patriotic costumes. At 6:00 in the evening EVERYTHING stops, and everyone sings the national anthem. It is quite amazing! There are parades and parties all day Friday and Saturday. The children play little drums and everyone sings while walking through the streets. A few friends and I decided to take advantage of the holiday and take a trip to the beach. We had a wonderful time. It was so beautiful. There were amazing animals I've only seen in pictures, and breath taking scenery. I am really doing great. I'm learning lots. The Spanish is coming "poco a poco" little by little as my teachers say. I've made some great friends, and my family here seems to be more loving and kind everyday. I could not ask for a better home. The food is great, although I had NO IDEA how many different ways you can eat a banana...It's actually quite amazing! The Lord has been so faithful in every way. He has conitnued to answer so many prayers. Thank you for your continued prayer and support. On Thursday afternoons we go into a very poor area not too far from here called La Carpio. At one time it was a garbage dump, but as Nicaraguans came into Costa Rica to live, they would make homes from whatever they could find in the dump, and now it is a small city. A group from the school has been involved with an outreach team there, and I have been blessed to be able to be a part of it. I will hopefully be able to get some pictures this Thursday. It is an amazing outreach but quite heartbreaking. Please be praying for our team as we show these families the love of Jesus.

1 comment:

joel said...

qué tipo de animales puedes ver en costa rica?