Sometimes You Just Gotta Toot Your Own Horn

You know, I’m not generally one to toot my own horn, but today I have pretty much been an amazing mixture of Betty Crocker and Super Mom, so my horn is about to get tooted.  It all started just before 6:00 am this morning when I pulled my sleepy self out of bed, got the kids up, bathed, dressed, and chores done…not easy, but you know, same ol’ routine. The kids ate breakfast, the older kids headed off to the military base to do some activities there, and I got the little kids settled playing legos and board games on the front porch, again just everyday life. I knew I had a busy day ahead of me, my house was a DISASTER, company was coming for dinner, Carolina had a doctor’s appt, and we were going to have a big birthday party this evening for several of the kids and Cristian. So I went in the house, and I don’t really know what happened, but the super mom cape magically appeared. I got my house totally clean (the kids were AMAZING by the way, and there was minimal fighting) I swept, mopped, and dusted the whole works! I did two loads of laundry, baked an AMAZING huge birthday cake showered and even shaved my legs ALL BEFORE NOON!!! I threw myself together, ate a granola bar, and took Carolina and Normita to the doctor’s office. As we were leaving the doctor’s office, I realized I had just given him the very last of my cash, and I hate being so far away from banks and ATM’s and having no cash, so I decided to head to the closest ATM…about 30-40 min away. Just before we got to the gas station/ATM Normita starts saying her tummy hurt, and within minutes she vomited ALL OVER the back seat. Luckily we were almost to the gas station. I got her and the car as cleaned up as I could with some wet paper towels, got my cash and we headed home. We weren’t on the road two minutes and Normita says “Rhonda….I’m gonna throw up” and there it was EVERYWHERE…AGAIN. I pulled over stripped her down to her undies and cleaned her and the car up as much as I could, and prayed we’d make it home. I got home, got her bathed and settled on the couch with cartoons, and got back to work. I got the birthday cake put together and iced, made a YUMMY dinner…if I might say so myself, and the evening went just as planned. It’s been a great day, but busy to say the least. It ended perfectly snuggling with a whiny two year old that didn’t want to go to bed. 

1 comment:

Missionaries in La Ceiba, Honduras said...

Reminds me of the trip to Jaco in CR when Madison tried to get the bus window open (of course we were sitting next to a window that didn't open) so she threw up all over my sweat shirt (which was the only thing I could find) and all over my shoes and her pants...sigh...the fun of parenthood! Girl - you had an AMAZING day AND managed to shave those legs! Awesome!