12/19/2009

Christmas Celebration

Every year the kids spend about two weeks celebrating Christmas with different families in the church, so last night we celebrated Christmas as a "family" as several kids left today to begin their time with the family they're staying with.

This Christmas has been EXTREMELY different than any other Christmas I've ever experienced. Shopping, purchasing, and wrapping gifts for all of the kids was A LOT of work, but seeing the smiles on their faces just watching the presents under the tree steadily increase made it all worth it. I can't express the joy I felt watching them open their gifts and play with their toys. Several kids told me last night that this is the best Christmas they've ever had, and I have to agree, it's by far been the best Christmas of my life. It just doesn't get better than this.

No comments: