11/10/2009

Would You Go?

A friend of mine posted this video on Facebook tonight. It's been years since I've heard this song, but watching this video brought me back to a VERY critical moment in my life that I will never forget. It was February of 2000 I was standing in a conference in Houston, TX. As we worshiped to this song I found myself singing it with all of my heart; arms stretched out in a sweet moment of worship the Lord spoke to my heart and said "Would you go? If I asked you to go, would you REALLY go?" That wasn't a question I wanted to answer without a little bit of thought, so I sat down in my seat, put my head in my hands and thought about it. Would I really go? If He asked me to go, could I do it? Could I leave everyone I knew and loved? After thinking about it for a moment, I gave my answer. I said "Yes Lord, I'll go. If you make sure I know the direction you want me to go in, I'll go. Wherever it may be, I'll go, speak clearly to my heart Lord and I'll go wherever you want me to go." Sitting in that seat at 18 years old, I had NO IDEA what that commitment would lead me to in the future, but I'm so very grateful that I said "yes".

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hello Rhonda,
Wow, what a beautiful video, thank you SO much for sharing. I think that the Lord just spoke to me, through you, answering so many questions I've been having about where I should go.....
I'd love to keep in touch with you more and chat, my email is pattymh@sbcglobal.net..
Thank you! Patricia Hernandez (EV member:)