11/28/2009

Thanksgiving Fun

After much thought on what I would do for Thanksgiving, I decided to take a little trip. A few friends that I met while in language school in Costa Rica live in La Ceiba, which is on the north coast of Honduras. They invited me to spend Turkey Day with them, so Wednesday morning I took the 8 hour bus ride to La Ceiba. It was an INCREDIBLE blessing to spend time just hanging out with good friends, not to mention yummy food, and LOTS of English!! Friday I went out to a garbage dump where my friend Matt ministers to children and their families on a daily basis, it was UNBELIEVABLE!! It reminded me so much of La Carpio and the wonderful times we had ministering there. The sad news of the trip was that I lost my camera. I'm not really sure hat happened. When I left the house it was in my pocket, but when we got out to the garbage dump it was gone. Maybe it fell out of my pocket in the taxi or someone grabbed it without me noticing, but none the less it's gone. All in all it was a wonderful trip, and I was so very grateful to have the chance to get away for a few days. I love Didasko and I missed the kids here SOOOO VERY MUCH, but it was so nice to have a little break and see some different sights.

No comments: