11/26/2007

Jeremiah 29:11

In my Language class we had to memorize a Bible Verse in Spanish and say it for the class and then explain(in Spanish of course) what that verse means to us. So today was my turn to share my verse. But first lets rewind for a second...When I came into class today my teacher asked me how my weekend was. I managed to completely explain the whole situation with my nephew in Spanish...I was impressed with my Spanish, but overwhelmingly sad about little Ethan being so sick and not being able to be there to support my sister. As soon as I finished explaining how little Ethan was doing it was time to say the verse. I confidently handed my teacher the index card with the verse written on it, and began to say my verse. About half way through it I lost it...yea, I pretty much just sobbed right there in the middle of my class. I finally pulled it together and said my verse...

Porque yo se muy bien los planes que tengo para ustedes - afirma el Senor - planes de bienestar y no de calamidad, (That was were I lost it) a fin de darles un futuro y una esperanza. Jeremias 29:11

For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11

Right there in the middle of class I realised, Jesus has little Ethan and my sister in his hands, and he has a plan and a future for them. It's a plan to prosper them and not to harm them. God is in control, and he will take care of Ethan and Angie, and they will both be just fine.

Please continue to pray for Ethan and Angie. Ethan is about the same, the doctors have him on oxygen and they are monitoring him very closely. I will keep you updated as he gets better.

No comments: