10/03/2007





There was a request for some pics of the cool animals here in Costa Rica. This last weekend I went with a group from the school to "La Paz Waterfalls" It was a lot of fun, and we were able to see tons of cool animals. It was a very touristy area, but I wasn't complaining, cause I got to eat french fries with my lunch. I've never been so happy about french fries in my life. :) We got to see some AMAZING animals up close and personal. We went on a wildlife boat tour where we got to see lots of monkeys, but they were up really high. I took a few pictures, but they looked more like random little black spots in the trees than monkeys. There was a small zoo like area at La Paz, but unlike in the States, we actually went in the cages with the animals...with the exception of the monkeys, cause they bite. I hope you enjoy the pics!

A Toucan (I had never seen one of these before)


I don't know what kind of birds these are, but I think they're cool. My family here has one, it speaks in spanish, so I can't generally understand what it is saying. But it also barks like a dog and meows like a cat. That, I can understand! :)





Yes, I do know this is a duck, but I thought it was kinda funny that they had ducks randomly walking around in the rainforest.



Un Mono...or for english speakers a monkey, isn't he cute?

Yea, I don't really know what these little guys are, they were randomly on the side of the road, so like BRILLIANT TOURISTS we pulled over to get a closer look, and ended up out of the vehicles taking pictures and feeding them bananas. We all left with all of our fingers, so I guess it turned out just fine. Kudos to whoever can tell me what kind of animal this is.



A random bird, a butterfly, and a frog for good measure. I hope you enjoyed the pics!

No comments: