10/28/2010

If You Didn’t Know…..I’m Sorry

So, I flew home on Saturday the 16th after a trip to the states for my sister’s wedding. After getting practically NO SLEEP the night before, I came home feeling exhausted, nauseated, with a headache and a temperature. I hit the sack early, feeling awful. Sunday and Monday I wasn’t feeling too good, but made it through the day with a smile on my face, I had missed the kids so much.

Monday I started getting a pretty bad headache, but I wasn’t too worried about it. Tuesday I woke up at 4:30 am with the worst headache I had ever had. After taking pain meds, I tossed and turned miserably for an hour then got up to get the kids up for school. Benjamin (one of the Danish volunteers) took one look at me and told me to go get back in bed. Because I had gone to the doctor once before and she said it was a migraine from stress, I did my best to stay in bed and endure it as long as I could, then just when I thought for sure that I was going to die, Jorge said he thought we needed to head to the hospital. I agreed.

By the time we got to the hospital I could barely walk. My blood pressure was through the roof, and I was begging for something for the pain. When they decided to admit me to the hospital I handed Jorge my phone and asked him to call my mom. She flew in the following day and stayed with me in the hospital. They did a CT scan on my brain and found that there were no tumors, but that my brain was swollen. They sent me in for an MRI the following day and everything came back fine.

The final diagnosis was “Hypertension Endocraneal…something something” ….kinda, the doctor wrote it out for me, but he needs some handwriting classes.  After a few days in the hospital, lots of medication, and five failed attempts at a spinal tap I was begging to go home… I’m telling you this place was bad, they put a DRAWER under my pillow to raise my head….FOR LIKE TWO DAYS!!! I was miserable, the doctor acted surprised when I started crying; pleading to go home when he told me I had to stay for another day. It didn’t take too long for him to change his mind though; I think he saw the desperation in my eyes. I came home on Thursday, and on Friday I was horribly nauseated, vomiting and couldn’t get out of bed. Saturday the doctor changed my meds and gave me something for the nausea, and I have been steadily getting better ever since. Yesterday, I went back to the doctor, he still has me taking things extra slow, but I am doing much better.

When I got home my internet was down, and I have had major issues with my cell phone. As I have come back to my senses after being so sick for so long, I realized that there were many people that were left in the dark that could have been praying and should have been informed. If I hurt your feelings in some way because of a lack of communication, I am truly sorry.

Please be praying:

• That the swelling in my brain completely goes away, and that I will be completely healed.
• That I will not experience any headaches or symptoms in the future.
• That the Lord will give my doctor wisdom concerning this case.
• That God will provide abundantly for all of the medical expenses incurred.

No comments: