9/30/2009

Missing My Daddy

Wow, it's been a tough day. I can't believe it's been a year since that horrible day we lost my daddy. I tried to hold it together most of the day today, but this afternoon and evening as my family puts flowers at the cemetary and goes to my dad's favorite resteraunt to honor him, my heart hurts. I want to be with them. It's so hard to be away from my family today. I love my daddy, he was an incredible man that loved his kids and grandkids more than life itself. I'm so grateful for the comfort of my Heavenly Father. He is the only place I can rest, the only place there is true comfort, the only place there is hope that I will see my daddy again. When we think of the word hope frequently we think of it in the manner of "I HOPE I get an IPod for Christmas." but the hope we have in Christ is so different than that "maybe I'll get an IPod, and maybe I won't" type of hope. In Webster's Dictionary one of the definitions for hope is "to expect with confidence." I am so grateful that there is complete confidence that my daddy is with our Saviour today.

No comments: