3/02/2009

I'm Sick :(

Thursday, I got the worst sore throat I've ever had in my life. Friday it was getting only worse and I lost my voice, so Jorge (the director of the orphanage) decided I needed to go to the doctor. I was a little nervous, but I figured something had to give. So Friday afternoon we headed into the city to see the doc. It was definitely interesting, not like any doctor I've ever been to in the US. The only information she took from me was my name, my age, and my phone number. I signed NO paperwork. She did a quick assessment, gave me two shots, a bunch of pills and told me to sleep with a hat on and to avoid taking a shower if at all possible. I kinda thought it was funny, definitely not medical advice I'd ever received in the past. I still feel pretty cruddy, and I have a bad cough now, but I think I am getting better little by little.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Rhonda!
I am so proud of you!!!
I will be praying for you to get better really really soon!
Love you,
Jackie
Foursquare Missions