11/11/2008

The Question Everyone's Asking

It's been a while, sorry for the lack of updates, but it's been a really dificult time. Things seem to be getting a little better. It's been a blessing to have the oportunity to spend this time with my mom.

I'm sure if you haven't talked to me in the last several weeks, you are probably wondering what my future holds, and if/when I'm moving to Honduras. After speaking to my regional coordinator and the director of the orphanage, I've decided to stay in the States with my family through the Holidays. My original plan was to move to Honduras on Oct. 20th, and I realised shortly after the accident that it was just way too soon. I felt that it was very important to be with my family through the Holidays. I haven't set an exact date just yet, but I am hoping to move to Honduras in January. Due to some damage that the orphanage received due to the storms that came through a couple months ago, it works best for everyone that my arrival date is a little later than initially planned. Thank you so muuch for your prayers and support during this extremely difficult time. I will be praying for you all.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

We keep praying for you girl!

Cindy in California said...

Hi Rhonda:

I've read your blog for quite a while but don't think I have ever posted a comment before.

I am so sorry for the loss of your dad. I am glad that you have this time to be with your mom.

I think you are making a good decision to delay going to Honduras for a little while. When my dad got sick and then died within four days I went to where my parents lived (four hours by plane). I was there those few days, for the funeral and then about 4-5 days afterward. Then I returned home and went back to work. It was too soon.

My mom got sick shortly thereafter and died less than four months after my dad. I was with her for about six weeks while she was ill and once she died I stayed an additional 3-4 weeks before returning home. I really needed that time.

I do not think you will ever look back on this time with your mother with anything other than gratitude that you were with her. I think she will feel the same way.

I pray that God will continue to comfort you as you deal with the loss of your beloved father.